Although the pandemic has altered traditional work patterns, it has also catapulted millions of entrepreneurs around the world, who have bet on different sectors in search of higher incomes and a better quality of life.
Real estate then stands out as one of the favorite corporations to start an independent professional career.where real estate agents can allocate their time, be their own bosses and see a way forward.
According to Karim Goudiaby, Founder and CEO of Digital Real Estate Next, the resilience of the real estate market has shown that it is a safe harborbecause it is a business of first necessity.
You may be interested: Lack of water, a risk in the real estate market
On the other hand, no startup is easy. For every business and niche you decide to enter, there are challenges you will need to learn how to deal with. We tell you what you need to consider before entering this sector.
What do you need to know before starting as a real estate consultant?
- This project should generate an emotion that creates the energy to move towards your goal.
- Have a clear vision of why you want to grow your business in the real estate sectorWhat drives you to do it? Defining it is the first step in making your life project meaningful.
- This energy will also help you link your life project to your specific goals by creating an action plan, which will increase your chances of success.
Many people have the impulse to create something, but sometimes they do not have this ideal sufficiently anchored in a specific life project. Therefore, many fail, my suggestion would be to clarify these as a starting point,” says Neximo CEO.
Karim explains that marketing is an ideal gateway to starting a career in real estate, because the investment required is not very high, even if you have to know how to prepare. Having an advisor along the way certainly makes a big difference in knowing you’re on the right track.
The myths of real estate entrepreneurship
Finally, the director invites us to demystify three deeply rooted beliefs in the real estate sector, so as not to create false expectations about this type of business.
- You will earn money immediately: This is not true, since the sector has predetermined hours. In the case of a sale, mortgage credit and notarial formalization take time. You will have to take into account that if you sell today, your profit will be reflected between 60 and 90 days later.
- If I am my own boss, I will be freer: Yes, you will eventually, but not from the start. Starting a career in real estate takes time, dedication and patience.
- You have to be an excellent salesperson: This is not the case, since the key in the real estate sector is to know how to enter the inventory, for this it is necessary to be a person who understands the elements of entry, it is not enough to be extrovert to be a good adviser .
High level Team of young journalists whose objective is to explain the most relevant economic, economic and financial news. We are passionate about storytelling and believe in citizen and service journalism.